Thursday, October 23, 2008

Massing for Battle





I'm just getting back from a two day stint with work late into the night both days. The approaching weekend of painting is on the horizon. So far my two ECW armies total 2 regiments of foot per side and 2 Parliamentarian Horse and 1 Royalist Horse Regiment. I'm going to have a small fight soon the give the troops a workout. Battle report to follow so stay tuned. In the meantime here are a couple of other units I had just finished when I started the blog. The horse is supposed to be a squadron of Ruperts but I think the flag I used is Rupert's infantry pattern. I've seen other references since then that show Ruperts horse with a 4 quartered square with alternating blue and checked quadrants and a heraldric device...so I may be making some changes to the flag when I figure out which it should (might) be.

I tend to build both armies simultaneously so that I can get to small battles as soon as I can. It helps keep my enthusiasm up and gives me an idea of what I need to buy next. Dragoons are yet to be released by Sash and Saber so I'm holding off until then.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Is that last photo of their newly released "cavalry in buff coat"?


-- Jeff

littlejohn said...

Yes it is, I had a spare so he got pressed into commanding my Parliamentary Horse

old-tidders said...

I must admit the S&S cavalry look really nice and I am tempted to buy some for a unit.

-- Allan