Saturday, January 31, 2009

Interesting Software With Possibilities for Gaming


While trying to figure out how to keep track of all the developing characters in my two ImagiNations, I stumbled across an interesting program. It's called "Personal Brain" ...I thought I might do the old school handwritten journal for each country, but I just happened to be looking for something to easily track genealogy for my nobility characters and I happened on this program. The key thing for me was that it's free in the simple version. I've been tinkering with it today and with a little bit of tutorial, it actually works pretty well for keeping everything organized. I took a screen shot showing what I'm up to with it. It's a little "zoomy" for what I would normally tolerate in my gaming (which is first and foremost supposed to be FUN and STRESS FREE!...) but...if it works, what the heck...

1 comment:

Fitz-Badger said...

hmm, interesting. The link isn't working for me (page not found error) so I "googled" for personal brain and got some sites that talk about Personal Brain for Mac. Is it Mac only?

I've been thinking about trying to organize all my notes on scraps of paper, post-its, various notebooks, digital files, pictures, etc. (but that may be just another project that stays in the "thinking about it" phase...)