Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Scots!





I dived into a unit of 40mm Scottish ECW Horse, the beginnings of a small brigade of Scots that will double both as Covenant and as Montrose Scots depending on the needs of the game at hand. The figures are converted ECW horse from Sash and Saber. I clipped the pistols out of the hands and added lances as well as equipped them variously with an assortment of blankets water bottles and such. I bought separate heads with Scots bonnets and also dug in my spare heads box for the more older style helmets that the Scots tended to have so it should give the right impression when painted up. I've also primed a unit of foot for the brigade as well.. so two units of Scots to add flavor to the collection! I've got a fair pile of extra pikemen that I'm trying to figure out how to convert to ill equipped local "clubmen" but I haven't yet figured out how to make the weapons. But I'm just about convinced that with a little "green stuff" epoxy you can do anything!

3 comments:

old-tidders said...

Nice idea to have some scots. The cavalry conversions look good.

I might sample the 42mm Irregular Miniatures scots pike and musketmen - they also do some highlanders too.

-- Allan

Fitz-Badger said...

It's always good to see some more Scots around! Nice conversion work! I agree about the greenstuff.
I'll look forward to seeing pics of the painted minis :-)

Secundus said...

Lovely bit of sculpting there, really nice.